Do I need a Thai bank account to buy property in Thailand?

1 Answer(s)
Best answer

Especially for freehold property, it’s common practice (and often preferred) to make a transfer from your home-country bank account directly to the bank account of the Developer. Upon making the transfer, ensure you fill out and receive a Foreign Transaction Form from the Developer’s bank (see another question on that here). The FTF (or FET) form will need to be provided to the land office upon transfer of the title deed.

Newbie Answered on 4 December 2015.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.