Can I bring my furniture from overseas to Thailand?
Yes, but it may require you to pay duty fees/taxes.
Long answer (avoiding duty fees/taxes):
- You will need to procure a 1 year Thai visa (marriage, retirement, other).
- Once you have the visa, you have 6 months to import any “household effects” (furniture, house dressings, electronics & appliances, etc). Generally you only get to bring one of each item, unless you provide proof of change of residence in which case you can import two of each item.
- To avoid duty fees, all imported household effects must be used, not new.
- A Thai national spouse may import household effects if they lived in that country for at least 1 year.
- Be sure to include any and all documentation in the import shipment for Customs to process it correctly.